Learn how to replace the BenQ CS.5J0DJ.001 projector lamp.
Watch for the warning messages that the BenQ CS.5J0DJ.001 lamp is approaching end of life:
- The picture looks faded on screen.
- The Lamp Indicator blinks red.
- Warning Messages about the lamp appear on screen.
Finding the correct lamp
It can be confusing finding the correct BenQ CS.5J0DJ.001 projector lamp for your BenQ projector.
There are hundreds of website selling projector lamps but most of there lamps are knock-off generic lamps that you should avoid at all costs.
6 good reasons to avoid generics
- generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps
- compatible are created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- knock off lamps are prone to explosions
- generic lamps damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
The few dollars you save with generic “compatible” lamps is not worth it in the long run. Save yourself unnecessary headaches — buy a BenQ CS.5J0DJ.001 projector lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee plus tech support.
Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
The BenQ CS.5J0DJ.001 projector lamp is compatible with the BenQ SP820.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the BenQ CS.5J0DJ.001 projector lamp for the BenQ SP820 projector.
Make your newly installed BenQ CS.5J0DJ.001 projector lamp life last longer with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ SP820 projector and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
A greener option
The BenQ CS.5J0DJ.001 projector lamp offers the option of replacing only the bulb and reusing the plastic lamp cage. This can reduce and recycle. Watch our training video to learn how easy it is to go green with this projector lamp.