Step 1: Finding the correct ASK Proxima LAMP-031
You’ll need to purchase an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-031 from an authorized dealer. Beware of cheaper knock-off lamps as they will damage the sensitive mechanisms in your DP-5155 SVGA projector. Although sold at discount prices, these generic “compatible” lamps have a much shorter life span due to their inferior materials and worksmanship. They are prone to explosions and contain cancer-causing materials, such as Krypton 85. Installing a knock-off lamp into your DP-5155 SVGA projector will also void your warranty.
Protect your health and keep your projector working properly — install an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-031!
STEP 2: Replacing the ASK Proxima LAMP-031 projector lamp
When it’s time to replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-031 for your DP-5155 SVGA projector, you’ll see the ALARM button on the projector light up red. A warning message will also appear on screen.
Step-by-step instructions for replacing the ASK Proxima LAMP-031:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough. Allow the DP-5155 SVGA projector to cool for one hour.
- The Lamp Cover for the DP-5155 SVGA projector is on the bottom of the projector. Gently turn it over and loosen the 3 screws holding the lamp in place.
- Grab the handle on the ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp cage and gently lift out the lamp. Place to one side.
Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury — send it to a local recycling program where it can be disposed of properly.
- Take the new ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp. Avoid touching the bare bulb; the oil on your finger can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image. Place it into the DP-5155 SVGA projector.
- Tighten the two screws on the new ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp.
- Put the lid back on. Tight the screw holding the lid in place.
- Be sure to clean the filter.
- You are ready to reset the Lamptimer.
STEP 3: Resetting the Lamptimer
It’s important to reset the Lamptimer after replacing the ASK Proxima LAMP-031 in the DP-5155 SVGA projector in order that the lamp life be accurately tracked and recorded. Failure to do so may result in the lamp being used longer than it’s lamp life.
To reset the Lamptimer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Reset lamptimer option.
- Press ENTER.
- The lamptimer icon will appear to show you have reset the timer.