When the lamp is reaching end of life, the Lamp Replace Indicator will flash yellow. You’ll need to buy a new Sanyo POA-LMP35 (service part no 610 293 2751) projector lamp.
Authentic vs Knockoff
Protect your Sanyo PLC-SU32 projector and invest in an authentic projector lamp. The Sanyo POA-LMP35 (service part no 610 293 2751) you purchase from an OEM manufacturer is made with the proper specifications and superior materials. It’s been created to fit and work properly with the sensitive components inside your projector.
Knock-off lamps don’t have the same precision and are often made with inferior materials that can damage your projector. These generic lamps are also prone to explosions. The few dollars you save upfront may end up costing you more in the long run. Avoid hassles and purchase a genuine lamp.
Looking for a less expensive option? Are you technically adept? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP35 (service part no 610 293 2751) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Step-by-step installation of the Sanyo POA-LMP35 projector lamp
CAUTION: Allow the Sanyo PLC-SU30 projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-SU31 is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Loosen all three screw holding the Sanyo POA-LMP35 (610-293-2751) lamp in place. lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP35 (service part no 6102932751) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb as this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP35 Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-SU32 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SU32 projector.
- Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used Sanyo POA-LMP35 (service part no 610-293-2751) lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
Resetting the Lamp Replace Counter
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your Sanyo POA-LMP35 (service part no 6102932751) you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replace Counter on the Sanyo PLC-SU32 projector. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Make sure the Sanyo PLC-SU32 projector is turned on.
- Press the MENU button to access the ON-SCREEN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to select the SETTING menu.
- Press the SELECT button to open the SETTING MENU option.
- Press the POINT DOWN button so the red-arrow appears.
- Move down to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT to open the next option.
- The message “Lamp replace counter Reset?” will be displayed.
- Click on the option YES to reset the timer.
- RESET the Lamp Replacement Counter ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
Make your Sanyo POA-LMP35 lamp last longer
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SU32 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP35 (service part no 610 293 2751) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SU32 from overheating.