This guide shows you how to change the Sanyo PLC-XU83/PLC-XU86 projector lamp.
When it’s time to change your projector lamp, the lamp indicator on your PLC-XU83/PLC-XU86 lamp will blink yellow. Be sure to use Sanyo POA-LMP90 (service parts no 610 323 0726) lamp for the replacement.
Protect your investment and buy an authentic projector lamp. Avoid the temptation to purchase a cheaper version of the POALMP90 as these are often counterfeit models with less durable parts that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLCXU83/PLCXU86 projector.
For additional savings and an enviro-friendly option, you can just replace the Sanyo POA-LMP90 (service part no 610 323 0726) bulb and re-use the lamp cage. Learn how in our video guide: Sanyo POA-LMP90 replacement lamp housing guide.Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XU83/PLC-XU86 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. Underneath the Sanyo PLC-XU83/PLC-XU86 projector you’ll find the Lamp Hazard cover. Gently turn it upside down protecting the top of the projector. Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the projector lamp cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of each the POA-LMP90 (service parts no 610 323 0726) projector lamp. Grab the handle on the projector lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side.
3. Take the new POA-LMP90 (6103230726) projector lamp by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
4. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The projector lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Projector Lamp Assembly.
5. Replace the Projector Lamp Hazard Cover and tighten screws.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU83/PLC-XU86 projector. You’re ready to reset the lamp counter.
Resetting the Lamp Replacement counter
Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP90 projector lamp has been replaced. Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU83/PLC-XU86 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
Cleaning you air filter regularly will make the Sanyo POA-LMP90 projector lamp last longer.