When it’s time to change your lamp on your Sanyo PLC-EF31/PLC-EF32 projector, you’ll notice the yellow light blinking on the lamp indicator.
Be sure to use the same type of Sanyo projector lamp bought from a verified source that has been manufactured to meet the specifications. Use model POA-LLB02 / POA-LMP39 (service part no 610 292 4848) as your Sanyo projector lamp replacement.
Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper POA-LLBO2 or POA-LMP39 counterfeit model as this can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-EF31/PLC-EF32 projector.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO PLCEF31/PLCEF32
1. Check the number of POA-LLB02 / POA-LMP39 (service part no 610 292 4848) lamps to be replaced on the Lamp Status Display.
2. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
3. Allow the Sanyo PLCEF31/PLCEF32 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures.
Replacing the POA-LLB02 / POA-LMP39 (610 292 4848) Lamp Assembly
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. At the back of the Sanyo PLC-EF31/PLC-EF32 projectors you’ll find the Lamp Hazard cover. Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the three screws that hold the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of the POA-LLB02 / POA-LMP39 (service part no 610-292 -4848) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently pull out each lamp. Place those lamps to one side.
3. Take the newPOA-LLB02 / POA-LMP39 (service part no 610 292 4848) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
4. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. It should slide it easily – don’t force the lamp.
5. Tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
6. Replace and tighten the three screws on either side of Lamp Hazard Cover.
7. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-EF31/PLC-EF32 projector.
Reset the Sanyo PLC-EF31/PLC-EF32 Lamp Replacement Counter
Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the POA-LLB02 / POA-LMP39 (service part no 610 292 4848) has been replaced.
Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo PLCEF31/PLCEF32 projector on.
- Press the Menu option so the On-Screen Menu will appear.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Move arrow to replace lamp number (Lamp 1 or Lamp 2) and then press Select button. The message “Lamp replace counter Reset?” will be displayed.
- Move the pointer to YES and then press Select button.
- Be sure to reset the correct lamp number otherwise Lamp Replace indicator continues lighting.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
- Do not reset Lamp Replace Counter except after the Projection Lamp has been replaced.
- NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops blinking.
Clean your filter regularly on the Sanyo PLC-EF31/PLC-EF32 projector and you’ll prolong the life of the newly installed POA-LLB02 / POA-LMP39 (service part no 610 292 4848).
You can also prolong the life of the lamp by turning off the Sanyo PLC-EF31/PLC-EF32 projector for one hour for at least 24 hours and waiting at least five minutes before turning the projector off.
Save money, save resources
If you are looking an option that is more eco-friendly and can save you some money, consider replacing only the lamp and re-using the original lamp cage. Watch our step-by-step tutorial to learn more.