Change the Sharp XG NV2U projector lamp using this guide
When the Sharp XG NV2U projector lamp is nearing the end of its operating life, the picture and color quality will deteriorate. Depending on the usage and maintenance, you can expect up to 2,000 hours of life with your Sharp XG NV2U projector lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Checking lamp status
Installing the projector lamp
The Sharp XG NV2U projector uses the Sharp BQC-XGNV2U projector lamp.
Before replacing the Sharp XG NV2U projector lamp follow these important safety tips:
- Press power button on the projector.
- Wait until the cooling fan stops.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Unplug the power cord from the AC socket.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least one hour. If should be cool to the touch. The Sharp XG NV2U projector uses high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
Turn over the Sharp XG NV2U projector onto a soft service and loosen the two screws holding the projector lamp cover on place. (d) and (c)
Slide the cover off away from the projector and place it to one side.
Remove the three screws (e), (f) and (g) holding the Sharp BQC-XGNV2U projector lamp
Hold the lamp cage (i) by the wire handle (h) and pull it upwards towards you. Take the new Sharp BQC-XGNV2U lamp by the handle (h). Make sure the grooves on the side of the lamp cage are properly aligned (j) with the projectors lamp compartment. Be sure to align the top screw holes of the lamp cage (k) are aligned with the screw holes in the Sharp XG NV2U projector.
Reset the projector lamp timer
- Plug in the power cord.
- While pressing the ADJUSTMENT left arrow and ADJUSTMENT down arrow along with the ENTER button on the projector, press the MAIN POWER switch.
- Press the POWER ON/OFF button on the projector or the POWER button on the remote control to turn on the power.
- “LAMP 0000H” is displayed, indicating that the lamp timer is reset
Why invest in an authentic projector lamp
The Internet has been flooded with generic projector lamps claiming to be “compatible” with Sharp XG NV2U projector. For the few dollar you save, these projector lamps bring more problems to the table. Protect your investment and buy an OEM projector lamp.
7 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projector
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- no guarantee or refunds
- no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.