Why go with authentic lamps?
The Internet has been flooded with projector lamps at bargain prices. To keep your projector working invest in a Infocus IN32 projector lamp. While it can be tempting to save some money, generic lamps are actually counterfeits that end up costing you more in the long run. Why? Due to:
- inferior parts
- being prone to explosions
- unable to be calibrated properly to work with sensitive mechanisms
- created with carcinogenic substitute materials such as Krypton 95
- missing important safety guards to protect your eyesight
- voids your warranty
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- InFocus SP-LAMP-019 Certified replacement projector lamp for the IN32, IN34, IN34EP, LP600, C170, C175, and C185
End of life warning signs
If you’re wondering how many lamp hours you have left, check the remaining time left using the Service Menus, Total Lamp Hours option. You can expect close to 2,000-hour of lamp use depending on frequency of use and regular maintenance.
When it’s time to change the InFocus IN32 projector lamp you may seen the following signs:
- The projector image gets darker and starts to deteriorate.
- The projector lamp flashes red.
- On screen message REPLACE THE LAMP appears on screen.
Installing the replacement projector lamp
Follow these important safety steps BEFORE installing the replacement
- Turn off the InFocus IN32 projector and unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting burned, let the InFocus IN32 projector projector fully cool before changing the lamp.
- Place the projector on a soft surface.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
- Remove the lamp door by using a screw driver to gently pop off the cover.
- Slide the door forward and lift the door off.
- Using the screw driver to loosen the screw holding the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 in place.
- Disconnect the connector attaching the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 to the InFocus IN32 projector.
- Grab the InFocus
- SP-LAMP-019 lamp handle and carefully lift the lamp cage up.Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter.
- Install the new InFocus SP-LAMP-019 lamp housing and tighten the screw.
- Connect the connection wire from the lamp to the projector
- Slide the lamp door back in place, making sure it is aligned so it clicks into place.
- You are ready to reset the lamp hours.
NOTE: The InFocus SP-LAMP-019 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Step 3: Reset the projector lamp timer
After replacing the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 projector lamp be sure to reset the lamp hours. Failure to do so will mean your InFocus IN32 will NOT TURN ON.
- Open the MAIN menu. Press SELECT
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP HOURS.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the InFocus IN32 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life