When it’s time to replace the InFocus C250 projector lamp you may see the following signs:
- The projector image gets darker and starts to deteriorate.
- The projector lamp flashes red.
- The warning message REPLACE THE LAMP appears on screen.
Replace the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 immediately. Check the remaining time left using the Service Menus, Total Lamp Hours option.
Step 1: Invest in authentic
Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper counterfeit model as they usually hurt your InFocus C250 projector. When you purchase an authentic projector lamp, you’re guaranteed a lamp that has been manufactured with high quality parts. Lower priced counterfeit lamps are made with inferior parts that can give you a lower quality light and poor image. They may end up costing you more when they damage the sensitive mechanisms in your InFocus C250 projector. Counterfeit knock-off lamps area also prone to explosions. Generic lamps can also release carcinogenic materials such as Krypton 95 that are used as substitutes by copy-cat manufacturers. Buy from a legitimate source to keep your projector under warranty and protect your health.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- InFocus SP-LAMP-019 Certified replacement projector lamp for the IN32, IN34, IN34EP, LP600, C170, C175, and C185
Step 2: Install the replacement projector lamp
Follow these important safety steps BEFORE installing the replacement
- Turn off the InFocus C250 projector and unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting burned, let the InFocus C250 projector fully cool before changing the lamp.
- Place the projector on a soft surface.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
- Remove the lamp door by using a screw driver to gently pop off the cover.
- Slide the door forward and lift the door off.
- Using the screw driver to loosen the screw holding the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 in place.
- Disconnect the connector attaching the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 to the InFocus C250 projector.
- Grab the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 lamp handle and carefully lift the lamp cage up.Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb break.
- Install the new InFocus_SP-LAMP-019 lamp housing and tighten the screw.
- Connect the connection wire from the lamp to the projector
- Slide the lamp door back in place, making sure it is aligned so it clicks into place.
- You are ready to reset the lamp hours.
NOTE: The InFocus SP-LAMP-019 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Step 3: Reset the projector lamp timer
After replacing the InFocus SP-LAMP-019 projector lamp be sure to reset the lamp hours. Failure to do so will mean your InFocus C250 will NOT TURN ON.
- Open the MAIN menu. Press SELECT
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP HOURS.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the InFocus C250 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life