Step 1: Be aware of projector lamp life
A flashing orange light on BenQ MX810ST projector indicates that the BenQ MX810ST projector lamp is reaching end of life the lamp indicator and needs to be replaced. Several warning messsages will begin to appear and you may notice the image deteriorating or the color looking off. When the final warning screen appears you must change the projector lamp immediately.
To check how many hours the projector lamp has, do the following:
- Press MENU/EXIT and then press MODE/ENTER to highlight the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced
- Press to highlight Lamp Settings and press MODE/ENTER. The Lamp Settings page is displayed.
- You will see the Equivalent Lamp Hour information appearing on the menu.
- To leave the menu, press MENU/EXIT.
- You can also get the lamp hour information on the INFORMATION menu.
Setting the projector to economic mode will extend the projector lamp life.
Find this lamp on Amazon from these authorized dealers:
- BENQ 5J.J3J05.001 / Replacement Lamp
- BENQ 5J.J3J05.001 / Replacement Lamp
- BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 Replacement Lamp for MX760/MX761/MX812ST Projector
- BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 Projector lamp – 300 Watt – 2000 hour(s) (standard mode) / 3000 hour(s) (economic mode) – for BenQ MX760, MX761, MX812ST
- BenQ 5J.J3J05.001
- BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 Projector Cage Assembly with Ori
Step 2: Be ready with an authentic projector lamp
It can be tempting to spend less and install a generic lamp bought at a discount place. Despite their bargain prices, generic actually end of up costing ou more money in the end. Generic lamps just don’t work as well for these main reasons:
- generics have shorter lamp life than original lamps
- generics are created with toxic materials including carcinogenic Krypton-85
- generics are prone to explosions
- generics are incompatible and damage the sensitive optics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds – you’re on your own with no technical support or refunds
Keep your BenQ MX810ST projector working at its optimum level. Always use an authentic BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 projector lamp.
Step 3: Replace the BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 projector lamp
Before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ MX810ST projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
Loosen the screw holding the lamp cover onto the BenQ MX810ST projector.
Lift up the cover. Remove and dispose of the lamp protection film. Do not insert your fingers between the lamp and the projector. The sharp edges inside the projector may cause injuries.
Disconnect the projector lamp connector from the projector (Step #2 in diagram). Loosen the screw that secures the BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 projector lamp.
Slowly and gently pull the BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 projector lamp out of the projector. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
Insert the new BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 projector lamp first into the connector on the projector and reconnect the lamp connector.
Make sure the handle is fully locked. Tighten the projector lamp screw. If the screw is too loose or too tight, the projector may not turn on.
Re-install the MX810ST lamp cover and tighten the screw.
Reset the total lamp operation timer.
Reset the projector lamp counter
When the BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 projector lamp in the BenQ MX810ST projector has been changed the projector lamp timer must be reset:
- Turn on the BenQ MX810ST projector.
- After the startup logo, open the On-Screen Display (OSD) menu.
- Go to the SYSTEM SETUP.
- Scroll over to Advanced > Lamp Settings menu.
- Press MODE/ENTER to display Lamp Settings page is displayed.
- Highlight Reset lamp timer. A warning message is displayed asking if you want to reset the lamp timer.
- Highlight Reset and press MODE/ENTER. The lamp time will be reset to “0”.
Extend the life of the BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 projector lamp last longer with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the MX761 projector lamp and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Green your BenQ MX810ST projector lamp
The BenQ MX810ST projector lamp has the option of replacing only the bulb instead of the entire BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 unit. You re-use the plastic cage and reduce waste. You can green your projector while saving money. Our instructional video shows you how step-by-step.