STEP 1: When do I need to change the projector lamp?
Your replacement Epson EMP-720c projector lamp is Epson ELPLP18. The Epson EMP-720c projector lamp has up to 1500 hours before it reaches end of life. Watch for these warning signs that you need to replace the projector lamp:
- A screen that is gradually dimming or deteriorating.
- Colour in the image appears dark or off colour.
- “Replace the lamp” warning flashing on screen.
- Lamp light flashing red and then a steady orange.
STEP 2: Be ready with an authentic projector lamp
To keep your Epson EMP-720c working at its optimum level you should also be sure to install an authentic projector lamp. What’s the difference between generic and OEM lamps? Quality, price and reliability! Buy an authentic projector lamp from a recognized dealer who proudly displays the seal of approval. Protect yourself and buy authentic.
Generics may have a lower price tag but in the long run, they cost more because they create a lot of problems:
- inferior workmanship means a inferior product
- unable to be calibrated properly genericscan seriously damage the optics in your Epson EMP-720c
- don’t last the full 1500 hours.
- present a serious health hazard due to their toxic materials.
- installation of generics voids the warranty on your Epson EMP-720c projector.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson ELP-LP18 Projector Assembly with High Quality OEM Compatible Bulb
- ELP-LP18 Epson Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with High Quality Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb inside.
- Genuine ALTM ELPLP18 Lamp & Housing for EPSON Projectors – 180 Day Warranty!!
STEP 3: Replacing the Epson ELPLP46 projector lamp
IMPORTANT: Do not operate the projectors if the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents
Before installation follow these important safety tips:
- Turn Epson EMP-720c off and unplug the power cord.
- The projector should be cool to the touch. DO NOT attempt to change the Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp if the projector is still hot. You can be badly burned if you don’t wait for the projector to cool.
- Turn the projector upside-down to access the projector lamp compartment.
- Press the two tabs and remove the projector lamp cover.
- Loosen the screws on the Epson EMP-720c projector using the screw drive provided. These screws also don’t completely come out.
- NOTE: The Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp contains mercury and needs to be properly recycled. Don’t throw the used lamp into your regular garbage.
- Grab the two side tabs on the Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp to slowly pull out the lamp.
- Don’t use excessive force or the lamp could break.
- What to do if projector lamp breaks inside the projector.
Finish the installation:
- Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp into the Epson EMP-720c projector.
- Avoid touching the actual lamp since your fingerprints will cause black out spots on the screen.
- Tighten the screws on the Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp cover.
- Reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-720c Projector Lamp Timer
The Epson EMP-720c has a lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp. Every time you install a new Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp you must reset the lamp timer to zero.
- Press the MENU button.
- Scroll down to the ABOUT menu.
- Press Enter to select the ABOUT menu.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP TIMER.
- A confirmation message will appear.
- Scroll over to highlight YES.
- Press ENTER.
- Press ESC to return to the Main Menu
- Press ESC to exit the Menu system.
Extending the life of your Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp
Follow this simple tips to make your Epson ELPLP18 projector lamp last even longer:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-720c projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life