Invest in a Hitachi CP-X265 projector lamp. Your Hitachi CP-X265 projector uses the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp and when it reaches end of life, there will be several tell tale signs:
- Hitachi CP-X265 Lamp Indicator light will start flashing red.
- Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out.
- Picture has poor colour quality.
- You may notice the Hitachi DT00751 starts to go dark after being used for long period of time.
The Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp has a finite life and trying to force it beyond its normal lamp life can damage your Hitachi CP-X262.
In order to keep your projector working at its best you need to always install and authentic projector lamp. Even though they may have a lower price their inferior parts are prone to overheating or exploding and have a shorter life. Often these lamps use toxic chemicals as substitutes and can’t be calibrated properly so deliver a much poorer image on screen and can damage your projector’s sophisticated optics. Keep your projector working and go with an authentic Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 lamp.
Always look for the seal of approval and watch for telltale signs you are about to purchase a counterfeit projector lamp:
- low price that seems too good to be true.
- labelling that looks amateurish
- Mismatched elements, glue on the edges.
- Bulb that is scratched inside its cage
Spot the copycat fake lamps with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Installing the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp
Before installing a new lamp be sure to turn off the Hitachi CP-X265 and let the projector cool down for at least one hour. This projector operates using high temperatures and there is a risk of you burning yourself if the projector has not cooled.
- Turn off the projector by pressing the power button.
- Unplug any power cords.
- Loosen the Hitachi CP-X265 projector lamp cover screw
- Slide the projector lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the screws on the projector lamp. Gently lift up the wire handle and pull out the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp.
- NOTE: The Hitachi DT00751 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t place it into regular garbage.
- Take the new DT00751 projector lamp out of its packaging.
- Pick up the Hitachi DT00751 projector lamp by the handle and gently insert the lamp into the projector making sure not to bang the lamp.
- Avoid touching the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave marks on the bulb that will burn into black spots.
- Slide the Hitachi CP-X265 lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the lamp cover a screw.
- Turn the projector on and reset the projector lamp time.
Resetting the Hitachi CP-X265 projector lamp timer
Reset the lamp time only when you have replaced the lamp so the Hitachi CP-X265 projector can properly track the projector lamp life. Otherwise you run the risk of using the projector lamp beyond its lamp life.
- Press the MENU button
- When the EASY MENU has appeared press Enter to choose
- Scroll down to the ADVANCED MENU option.
- Scroll down to OPTION menu.
- Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME.
- A dialog field will appear.
- Choose RESET on the dialog field.
- Press ENTER.
- The lamp time will be reset to 0.
- Press the MENU button to exit.