Follow our step-by-step installation guide for a new Epson V11H170920 projector lamp.
You can expect between 1900 to 2900 hours of lamp life with Epson V11H170920 projector lamp before you need to replace it.
Step 1: Buying the correct lamp
When it’s time to replace the Epson V11H170920 projector lamp be sure to purchase an authentic lamp. Avoid generic lamps.
Generic lamps may look like a real bargain because they are generally cheaper that authentic lamps. Buyer beware! You get want you pay for and with generic “compatible” lamps that usually means a host of problems that can leave you with a damaged Epson V11H170920 projector.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- prone to explosions
- inferior workmanship
- don’t last the full 2900 hours
- carcinogenic substitutes used making lamps toxic
- generic’s can’t be calibrated properly and will damage projector’s optics
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds and the warranty on your Epson V11H170920 projector will become void.
Step 2: Know when to replacement the Epson ELPLP22
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorates.
- Colours on screen look off.
- the message: LAMP REPLACE appears on screen.
- The warning light begins flashing orange ours.
Step 3: Replacing the Epson V11H170920 projector lamp
Before installing the new lamp:
- Turn the projector power off.
- Wait for a 20-second cool-down.
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Give the Epson EMP V11H170920 at least 60 minutes to cool. These projectors operate under extremely high temperatures so be patient and wait until the projector is cool or you can be badly burned!
- CAUTION: If your projector is mounted on the ceiling, don’t standing directly underneath in case there is any broken glass from the lamp. Stand to the side of the projector and not underneath it.
NOTE: Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
You’ll need to purchase the Epson ELPLP22 lamp model.
Insert the screwdriver into the hollow between the Epson V11H170920 projector and lamp cover. Turn the screwdriver to release the lock. Slide the screwdriver in until the arrow mark on the lamp and arrow on the projector are aligned. Lift up the lamp cover to remove it.
Insert the screwdriver supplied with the new Epson ELPLP22 lamp or use a flat-tipped screwdriver and loosen the two screws holding the lamp in place.
Lift up the wire handle on the Epson ELPLP22 lamp and use it to pull the lamp straight out of the projector. NOTE: The Epson ELPLP22 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Hold the new lamp so it faces the correct way. Insert the Epson ELPLP22 lamp until it clicks into place and then tighten the two screws holding the lamp in place. Avoid touching the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers will leave marks that will show up on screen. Also avoid knocking bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Tighten the two screws on the Epson ELPLP22 lamp.
Slide the Epson V11H170920 lamp cover back on until it clicks into place. You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson V11H170920 lamp timer
You must reset the lamp timer in the Epson V11H170920 projector every time a new lamp has been installed. The projector has a built-in timer tracking the number of hours the Epson ELPLP22 lamp has been used. When it hits close to 1900 hours, the lamp timer will trigger the replacement lamp message as well as the warning light. In order for the lamp timer to properly do its job, it need to be reset whenever a new lamp is installed. Failure to reset the Epson ELPLP22 lamp timer can result in the lamp being used beyond it’s recommended life and damaging the projector.
- Plug the projector in and turn it on.
- Press the MENU button on the remote or the Auto/Enter on the Epson V11H170920 projector’s control panel .
- Scroll down to the ABOUT menu. Press ENTER. The number of hours will be displayed as 0H until 10 hours of lamp use is reached.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP TIMER. Press ENTER.
- A second prompt screen will appear.
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- Press MENU to exit this screen.
How to extend the life of the Epson ELPLP22 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP22 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson Epson V11H170920 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.