You can expect up to 4000 hours from the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 projector lamp before you need to replace it. Watch for these warning signs:
- The picture looks faded on screen.
- The Lamp Indicator blinks red.
- Warning Messages about the lamp appear on screen.
When the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 projector lamp needs to be replaced warning messages will appear on the BenQ MP513 projector screen. The Lamp indicator will also will light red letting you know if time to replace the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 projector lamp.
Replace the BenQ MP512 projector lamp in 3 easy steps
Buy authentic projector lamps
Buying an authentic BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 projector lamp will guarantee the best lamp to keep your BenQ MP513 projector working properly
OEM lamps are far superior to generic lamps currently sold at discount prices on the Internet.
At first glance generic compatible lamps seem like an incredible bargain. But when you factor in their shorter life spans and poor illumination along with other problems, these lamps actually end up costing more in the long run. These are NOT authentic lamps and should be avoided for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds – you’re on your own to get a refund from the company when you buy from non-authorized dealers.
When to replace
You can expect up to 4000 hours of use from the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 projector lamp before it needs to be replaced. Watch for the warning messages.
Warning 1: The BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 projector lamp has been in operation for 3000 hours. Install a new BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp for optimal performance as soon as possible. If you have set the projector to run in Economic Mode, you can operate the BenQ MP513 projector with the current lamp until the 3950 hour lamp warning screen appears.
Warning 2: The BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp has been in operation for 3950 hours and is approaching end of life. A new BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp should be fitted immediately. Scroll down for how-to instructions on replacing the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp.
Warning 3: The BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp has been in operation for 4000 hours and is approaching the end of its life. Replace the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp immediately if you notice the brightness level have diminished even before reaching hour 4000. When you see this screen warning you must replace the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp immediately.
Final Warning: Time is up! The BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp is no longer functioning and must be replaced immediately in order for the BenQ MP513 projector to operate normally.
Installing a new BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp
Before changing the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the MP513 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- The lamp cover is found on the bottom of the projector. Gently turn the projector over onto a soft surface Using a screwdriver, loosen the screw holding the BenQ MP513 lamp cover in place.
- Remove the lamp cover and place it to one side.
- Loosen the screw on the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 lamp.
- Pull out the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp connector slot in the BenQ M513 lamp compartment. NOTE: The BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
- Gently disconnect the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp connectors taking care not to pull on them.
- Click the wire handle up and use it to pull theBenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp out of the projector. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- Gently lower the new BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 lamp into the slot.
- Replug the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 connectors together and gently put back them into the BenQ MP513 slot.
- Tighten the screw on the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 lamp.
- Re-install the BenQ MP513 lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 lamp has been replaced. Resetting the lamp timer without changing the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 lamp can severely damage your BenQ MP513 projector.
- Go to the Startup Logo and open the On-Screen Display menu (OSD).
- Go to SYSTEM SETUP. Scroll down to ADVANCED. Press Enter.
- The LAMP SETTINGS page will displays the Reset Lamp Timer screen
- Highlight Reset and press ENTER.
- The lamp time will be reset to ‘0’.
Do not reset if the lamp is not new or replaced as this could cause damage.
Extending the life of the BenQ 5J.Y1E05.001 lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ MP513 and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Another lamp option
Looking for a less expensive but more environmentally friendly option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing just the BenQ 9E.Y1301.001 projector bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.