Instructions for replacing the Sanyo PLC-XU56 Projector Lamp
It’s important to buy only a genuine POA-LMP65 to replace the old lamp. The price of generic knock-off lamps may be tempting but can cost you more money in the long run. Counterfeit lamps are not manufactured according to Sanyo’s specifications and can damage the sensitive (and expensive) mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XU56 projector.
Looking for a less expensive option? Are you technically saavy? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Before installing the new be sure to turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XU56 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures.
Step-by-step instructions for replacing the Lamp Assembly
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-XU56 is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Loosen both screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925)lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side.
- Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP65 lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb a this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XU56 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU56 projector If the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (610 307 7925) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the Lamp Replace Counter by following the instructions below.
NOTE: BE sure to properly recycle your used Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
How to reset the Sanyo PLC-XU56 Lamp Replace Counter
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replace Counter. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU56 projector on.
- Press the MENU button to access the ON-SCREEN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to select the SETTING menu.
- Press the SELECT button to open the SETTING MENU option.
- Press the POINT DOWN button so the red-arrow appears.
- Move down to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT to open the next option.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” will be displayed.
- Click on the option YES to reset the timer.
- RESET the Lamp replace counter ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
Extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP65 lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) by following these tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XU56 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (610 307 7925) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XU56 from overheating.