Watch for the signs that it’s time to replace the Epson EMP-7500 projector lamp:
- The projector image gets darker and starts to deteriorate.
- The projector lamp flashes red.
- The warning message REPLACE THE LAMP appears on screen.
A replacement warning message will also appear on screen. You can expect 4000 hours of lamp from the lamp depending on the settings and usage.
Protect your projector with original lamps
Only genuine a Epson ELPLP49 genuine projector lamp should be used in order to keep your Epson EMP-7500 in good working order. An OEM projector lamp has been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson EMP-7500 projector.
Knock-off lamps may seem like a bargain due to their low prices but these counterfeit lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson EMP-7500 projector. They are also prone to explosions and actually have a much shorter working life that authentic lamps due to the inferior materials used during their production. Even more troubling are the toxic, carcinogenic materials you are exposed to after installing one of these generic lamps. These lamps are also missing important safety guards to protect your eyesight. Installing a knock-off lamp will also void the guarantee on your Epson EMP-7500 leaving you unprotected should anything happen after installation. Avoid hassles and buy a Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp from an authorized dealer. Look for the seal of approval
Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Find this authentic lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson ELPLP49 Replacement Lamp – 200W UHE – 4000 Hour V13H010L49
- Guaranteed for One Year! Epson ELPLP49, V13H010L49 Premium Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp with Housing
- Epson Projector Lamp Part ELPLP49-ER V13H010L49 Model Epson HC6100 EH TW2800
- Epson ELP-LP49 Projector Assembly with 200 Watt UHE Osram Projector Bulb
- ePharos ELPLP49 / V13H010L49 Replacement Lamp with Housing for Epson Projectors
Installing a new Epson ELPLP49 lamp
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing
- Turn off power switch on the back of the Epson EMP-7500 projector
- Unplug the power cord
- Allow the Epson EMP-7500 to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. The lamp cover for the Epson EMP-7500 is found on top of the projector. Take the screwdriver that came with the projector and put it into opening on the lamp cover to release the cover switch. Remove the lamp cover.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp. Place the screws to either side.
3. Pull the lamp out using the top handle. Be sure to pull it out straight. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP49 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4, Take the new Epson ELPLP49 lamp by the handle and gently put it into place making sure the lamp is facing in the right direction.
5. Replace the Epson ELPLP49 screws on the newly installed lamp.
6. Re-connect the lamp cover. Tighten the screws on the cord and turn on the Epson EMP-7500 projector.
Reset the Epson Lamp Timer
Reset the Epson Epson EMP-7500 Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP49 lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the EMP-7500 projector on.
- Press MENU to display the configuration menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset option.
- Press Enter to enter the Reset Menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset Lamp Hours option.
- Press Enter.
- When the Reset Lamp Hour option has been chosen the Reset Lamp Hours message will appear.
- Use the cursor to move to the YES option.
- Press Enter to reset the lamp hours to zero
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP49 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP49 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-7500 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life