Use this troubleshooting guide for problems with the LG 60LS6750-UB LED TV
A scrambled screen with a faded picture or completely black screen can mean the RUNTK5119TP (ZZ) T-Con board in your LG 60LS6750-UB LED TV must be replaced.
A failing 8-pin eprom chip on the RUNTK5119TP Timing Control (T-Con) board is creating some problems with the LG 60LS6750 screen. The video signal gets interrupted on its way to the Main board. This failure in the RUNTK5119TPZZ T-Con board often means a faded screen covered with scrambled pixels, vertical lines or the screen going to black.
Fortunately installing a replacement RUNTK5119TP(ZZ) T-Con board is not difficult. Replacements boards are available for sale online for under $150. Installation takes about 45 minutes.
Alternative part numbers
The RUNTK5119TP T-Con board is also sold under the following numbers:
Replace the RUNTK5119TPZZ T-Con board
- Antistatic plastic gloves or antistatic bracelet
- Pad/ towel
- Needle-nose pliers
- Electric Flat head and Philips screwdriver
- Cup for screws
Part 1: Remove the LG 60LS6750-UB stand
Gently lift up LG 60-LS6750-UB TV from the stand, placing it screen down on a cushioned surface.Loosen the screws on the stand body
Pull the bottom of the LG 60LS6750-UB stand upwards to remove unhook the stand from the TV.
Loosen the four screws that secure the stand in place.
Part 2: Installing the RUNTK5119TP(ZZ) T-Con Board
- Remove all the screws holding the LG 60LS6750-UB back panel in place. Put the screws to one side.
- Start along the top corner to safely pop the front bezel from the back cover, Gently work your way around the entire cover.
- Once the back cover and front bezel are removed, place the tv screen facing down.
- The RUNTK5119TP T-Con board is located in the middle top of the back panel, usually under an aluminum cover held in place by four corner screws.
- Take the screws out and then remove the top with foil tape at the top.
- You’ll see a black LVDS cable and two flat ribbon cables connecting it to the Main board.
- Remove the ribbon cable first. Flip up the black tabs on the connector.
- Gently pull the cable out taking care not the scratch the ribbon section. Never use any sharp objects to open the black tabs as this can damage the pins making the connection faulty.
- To remove the LVDS cable, squeeze the small tab on side. Don’t force anything apart or pull anything too hard as this can damage the connections and cause more problems.
- Loosen the screws holding the RUNTK5119TP ZZ T-Con board in place. Place it to one side. This board is considered e-waste and should be sent to a recycling facility. Do not place into regular garbage.
- NOTE: Be sure to put on your rubber gloves before touching the new RUNTK5119TP(ZZ) T-Con board. Hold the RUNTK5261TPZH T-Con board by the edges and avoid touching any of the components since they are very sensitive to electrostatic charges.
- Verify the manufacturers number for your board. (It will be found under the bar code.) Place the new board onto the back panel.
- To re-install the ribbon cable: Match the line on the ribbon cable with the edge of the connector making sure the ribbon is straight. Press down on the tab to lock it into place.
- Re-connect the LVDS cable by putting the connector end into the RUNTK5119TP T-Con board until it clicks into place.
- Tighten the screws on the board. Replace any foil tape.
- Replace the RUNTK5119TPZZ T-Con cover. Tighten the screws.
- Place the back cover back onto the LG 60LS6750-UB TV and tighten all the screws.
- Re-install the stand and post.