Follow our 3-step guide to installing at new BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp in the BenQ MP730 projector.
Wondering when it’s time to replace the BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp in your BenQ MP730 projector? The built-in timer calculates the end of the lamp life and gives you warning messages.
Step 1: Be prepared with the correct projector lamp
Avoid buying generic “compatible” lamps and go with authentic. You get what you pay for and in the case of lower-priced generic lamps it’s usually a long list of problems:
- generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps
- compatible lamps are made with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- knock off lamps are prone to explosions
- generics will cause damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- compatibles don’t offer guarantee or refunds and will void your warranty.
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy an authenticBenQ 5J.08G01.001 from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product and tech support from an OEM manufacturer. Read more about the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Step 2: When to replace the BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp
When it’s time to replace the BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp, the Lamp Indicator on the BenQ MP730 projector will light red. There will also be a series of warning messages on screen.
First warning: The BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp has been in operation for 3000 hours. If the projector is run in Economic Mode, lamp life will be extended to 3950 hours before the first lamp warning appears.
Second warning: The BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp has been in operation for 3950 hours. Install a new lamp for optimal performance with you BenQ MP730 projector. Get your lamp ready to avoid running out of time.
Third warning: The BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp has been in operation for 4000 hours. Replace the lamp immediately especially if you notice that lamp brightness has dimmed on the BenQ MP730 projector.
Final warning: You’re out of time. The BenQ 5J.08G01.001 lamp has expired. The lamp MUST be replaced before the BenQ MP730 projector will operate normally.
Step 3: Replacing the BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp
IMPORTANT NOTE: The BenQ MP730 projector operates at an extremely high temperature. Let the projector cool for a least 45 minutes before replacing the BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp. The projector should be cool to the touch. Don’t rush it or you may end up with a nasty burn.
1. Turn the power off and disconnect the BenQ MP730 projector from all power sources.
2. The BenQ MP730 projector lamp door is on the top of the projector. Use a coin to turn the screw counterclockwise until the lamp cover loosens.
3. Remove the lamp cover from the projector.
4. Loosen the screw holding the BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp in place.
5. Grab the wire handle and click it into place. Slowly pull on the BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp. Pulling out too quickly may cause the bulb to break. If this happens go to: What to do when your projector lamp explodes.
NOTE: The BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
6. Open the wire handle and lower the new BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp first into the connector.
7. Align the two holes on the projector.
8. Tighten the screws on the BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projectorlamp cage.
9. Reinstall the projector lamp cover. Tighten the side screw holding the lamp cover in place. Don’t over tighten the screws otherwise the lamp may not work properly.
10. Turn the power on and after the BenQ MP730 projector has warmed up reset the Lamp Timer.
Resetting the projector Lamp Setting Menu
It’s important to reset the Lamps Settings menu in order for your BenQ MP730 projector to accurately track the life of your newly installed BenQ 5J.08G01.001 lamp. Failure to properly set the lamp can result in the projector stopping suddenly.
1. After startup logo, open the On-Screen Display (OSD) menu.
2. Go to the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced > Lamp Settings menu.
3. Press ENTER to display the Lamp Settings page.
4. Choose Reset Lamp Timer to display the message: Reset Lamp Timer?
5. Click reset. The lamp time is now set to ‘0’ and the projector will begin tracking the lamp life of the newly installed.
NOTE: Only reset this option in a new lamp as been installed other you can damage your projector.
Prolong BenQ 5J.08G01.001 projector lamp life:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Econo mode on the BenQ MP730 projector and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
You can also just replace the bulb and re-use the plastic lamp cage. This saves you money while reducing your carbon footprint. Learn how by watching our instructional video.